Every successful cleaning business needs these 10 best cleaning products. You can find these at your local grocery store or pharmacy, so don’t forget that these products will be your life blood!
1) Vinegar – Vinegar is great for removing grease and for cleaning windows and surfaces. It acts as a mild disinfectant and removes bad odor. Vinegar is also great for killing salmonella and E.coli even if it is not registered as a disinfectant with the EPA.
2) Baking soda – Baking soda is a natural mild abrasive and deodorizer that is effective in removing tough stains. Unlike vinegar, baking soda is non-toxic and does not smell. It is particularly useful in cleaning the kitchen sink and the shower.
3) Dish soap – Dish soap is very versatile. Aside from cleaning dishes, it can be used for removing stains, cleaning surfaces, appliances, glass, and blinds. Better yet, dish soap does not harm or stain delicate surfaces.
4) Rubbing alcohol – Rubbing alcohol is an environmental-friendly cleaning ingredient and disinfectant. It evaporates fast and is great for cleaning surfaces that cannot be cleaned with acids. However, do not use rubbing alcohol to clean open flames or near heat because it is flammable
5) All purpose cleaner – Cleaners are terrific for cleaning surfaces, appliances, counters, and stainless steam. Remove grease, grime, and dirt with an all purpose cleaner. This cannot be used to clean glass though.
6) Glass cleaner – You will need a glass cleaner to clean mirrors and windows. This cannot be mixed with other cleaning products
7) Disinfectant – Disinfectants are effective for cleaning points of contact as well as kitchen and bathroom surfaces where bacteria thrives. It is useful for controlling odors. To save money, you can also select an all purpose cleaner with disinfectant.
8) Washing detergent – Buy the liquid kind, you can also use it as a stain pretreatment by pouring a little on the stain and letting it sit before throwing the garment in the wash.
9) Murphy oil soap – This is best for cleaning finished wood and other household surfaces. Murphy oil soap gives a natural shine to surfaces. It is generally an eco-friendly product that is biodegradable.
10) Disposable leather cleaning wipes – These are great for cleaning leather sofas and chairs. You can also use this for dusting off leather books and apparel such as boots.
When starting out, I would recommend looking for cleaning supplies that are within your budget. Try different products and see what works best for you before buying in volume as your business grows. Your nearest department store or grocery will have most, if not all, of these items on hand. These are the 10 best cleaning products! Remember that these are still chemicals, so get the insurance and bonding that you need!
Have you used anything better? Comment below and let us know!