When shopping for a vacuum for your cleaning business or your own home, one of the first choices you will make is whether to go with a bagged or a bagless vacuum. Generally, bagless vacuums are cheaper in the long run since you do not have to change the bags. Furthermore, if you love the environment, then bagless vacuum cleaner is for you. We’ll be reviewing the best bagless vacuum cleaner in this article.
How does a bagless vacuum work? A bagless vacuum sucks up large pieces of dirt and deposits it into a plastic cup. Once the cup is full, you remove the cup, dispose of the dirt, wash and dry the cup, and place it back in its original location.
One advantage of a bagless vacuum cleaner is there is less worry in forgetting the vacuum cleaner. There is a clear view of the dirt and debris in the cup. Another advantage is that you don’t need to purchase bags during the lifetime of the vacuum cleaner. Finally, it is easy to find small objects in a bagless vacuum cleaner. The best ones out there will include a filter that traps dust and allergens.
The main disadvantage of a bagless vacuum cleaner is that it can be quite messy process to remove the cup, dispose of the dirt, and clean the container. You will also need to clean the filters regularly.
Now that you know the pros and cons, we reviewed some of the best bagless vacuum cleaners out there to help you make your decision:
Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Upright Vacuum, Bagless, UH70120
The Hoover UH70120 model is lightweight, has great suction and fantastic cord reel. It is relatively cheap compared to getting a Dyson or Kenmore. There are a few great things about this model.
Tip: Get this Hoover model if you have lots of carpet. Do not get this model if your floor has lots of wood and laminate.
- Very effective at sucking up dirt in thick carpets
- Runs quietly despite how much power it has
- Cord is long and retracts easily
- Attachment with moving brushes effective for cleaning nook, and crannies
- Ability to adjust the height of the vacuum for different carpet lengths
- Pet hair can get stuck in the canister. You may have to reach in the canister with two fingers to pull hair out
- The powered hand tool can be better adjusted into the vacuum to prevent it from falling off.
- The brush roll has no shutoff. Continually spinning brush roll may damage your hardwood floors
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright, Standard Brush Roll
This Shark Navigator model is quite affordable. For the price, you can buy 3 of them for the cost of an upright Dyson. Cleaning performance is comparable to that of Dyson. The Shark Navigator model even has HEPA filter. Overall, this model performs well, and it’s lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Great suction which effectively cleans hard floor surfaces and carpeting
- Floor brush bottom part is narrower than that of an average vacuum which is great for cleaning hard to reach areas
- Washable felt and sponge filters. Rinse and let the filter air dry and you’re good to go again
- Clear instructions and easy to assemble
- Pet hair turbo-brush easily removes pet fur from furniture, stairs, or bedding. Also great for cleaning your car.
- Since the floor brush bottom is narrower than average, it takes longer to vacuum a large open area.
- Top-heavy and could easily fall or be knocked over
- No on-board storage for the turbo brush or another extension wand
- Shark customer service and warranty could be improved
BEST BAGLESS VACUUM CLEANER: Dyson DC41 Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Tangle-free Turbine Tool
This Dyson Animal model, is the premier and premium vacuum of its kind. Studies have shown that the Dyson Vacuum is the top of the line vacuum and our Editor’s Choice for BEST BAGLESS VACUUM CLEANER hands down. The vacuum engine performance is really 2nd to none.
- Animal hair attachment great for sucking and collecting pet hair
- Canister is easy to empty. The new canister design gets cleaned out without having to reach into it
- Very lightweight and quick to switch from floor to wand
- Easy to maneuver and control as the ball gives a lot of flexibility
- Great for hardwood floors
- Attachment hose is stiff and difficult to store in the unit without falling off
- While lightweight, plastic appears flimsy
- Power cord tangles tends to tangle when removed from storage location
Black & Decker Pivot Vac 18V Cordless Pivoting Hand Vac, PHV1810
This Black & Decker model is a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner that is smaller, quieter and easier to clean than previous model. Featured is a patented nozzle design that pivots to access tight spots from any angle. It’s very convenient if you clean houses alone and want to minimize the weight of the tools you have to bring.
- Slightly smaller than the previous model but the dirt bin is bigger and can hold more dirt
- Easy to clean the unit. Just click the side door open, allowing you to remove the canister and filter entirely and rinse
- Small but strong and great suction performance
- Picks up pet hair quickly and effectively
- Pivoting head makes it more compact and easy to store
- Chute is susceptible to having contents of the canister fall out once the vacuum is turned off
- Must empty after every use or dirt falls out the nozzle
- Short battery life
Carrand 94005AS AutoSpa Bagless Auto-Vac
- Supercharged sucking power which is unbelievable given its size
- Great selection of attachments: standard crevice tool, a carpet tool, and two other brush attachments.
- Attachments all store directly on the unit and has a cord wrap place
- Marketed as an auto vac, but also works great on baseboards and window blinds
- Cord is long without being a nuisance
- Hose made only of plastic but fortunately does not kink like most plastic hoses
- A little tricky to put away cord and hose and get them to stay in place
- Ring that is attached to the hose is flimsy
Do you have any recommendations for a better bagless vacuum cleaner out there? Comment below or forever hold your peace!