Hardwood floors may seem easy to maintain, but neglecting them can be expensive. I always bring with me the best hardwood floor cleaner because most homes will need it. Unlike carpets, you can’t fix major damage to a hardwood floor without a significant investment so I always emphasize to my clients the importance of hardwood floor cleaner.
To ensure you get the most out of a hardwood floor, you will need to periodically use a hardwood floor cleaner specifically formulated for use on prefinished hardwood floors. If your clients or your home have hardwood floors, then you need to get a hardwood floor cleaner.
Bona’s hardwood floor cleaner is a great choice for maintaining the quality of your hardwood floors. The no residue formula has been specially designed to be safe for floors, families and the environment. This is one of the more popular and widely used brands since it is affordable. I personally use this for my home and for my business
- Does not release odors or fumes
- Product is non-toxic and received numerous environmental awards including one for clean indoor air
- Applies easily and dries fast, leaving floor shiny
- Sometimes leaves a residue which you can easily wipe with a dry towel
- Produces cloudy haze within a minute of application
Black Diamond 679773003206 Wood and Laminate Floor Cleaner for Hardwood, Real, Natural and Engineered Flooring – Biodegradable, Safe for Cleaning All Floors
This floor cleaner can cleans both natural wood floors and laminate floors without leaving behind streaks or dulling residue. Overall, it provides a streak-free shine and prevents soil from attaching to surfaces.
- Non-toxic cleaner is water based and effectively removes dirt, oil, food spills, etc
- No streaks or residue after use
- Produces clean and pleasant smell
- Sometimes produces a bit of cloudiness on the floor
- Odor may not be good for small children
The good thing with Zep Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner is that it is DFE approved (Designed for the Environment). This product is designed to remove spots and stains. Good ability to restore shine to varnish. This is definitely one of the best hardwood floor cleaner.
- Easy to use. Simply fill a spray bottle and get one of those terry cloth mops
- Get the shine without a buildup of wax that leaves marks
- Smells great and dries fast
- Great price for the size of container
- Sometimes may leave a dull residue
This hardwood floor cleaner is also pretty good choice. It cleans most hard surfaces with oxygen and can be used on sealed wood or laminates. The formula is also recognized by the US EPA Design for the Environment (DfE) review team which is a plus.
- Removes all kinds of odors, such as those caused by pets
- Nice pleasant smell and does not leave any residue
- Ships quickly and in a plastic bag
- Few times it could not remove long-standing urine or bad smell
Formulated to help maintain the beauty of hardwood and laminate floors. Just remember that minwax wood cleaner is not for use on waxed, oiled, or unfinished wood or wood finished with shellac.
- Great cleaner that brightens, enhances, and restores hardwood
- Spreads nicely and dries quick
- Option to squirt the liquid onto the floor rather than spraying
- At times may leave slayer of uneven film-like residual on the floor that may be difficult to remove
Have any other selections for the best hardwood floor cleaner? Comment below!